Amartya Sen, says-He does not want Modi as PM……What is my take on it-Should we take his words
Well, so far, as an Indian, what I know about him is that Mr. Sen has been awarded Nobel Prize for his great work
He is a towering personality of welfare economics& social Choice theory.
I have tons of respect for him and the kind of persona he possess in terms of his deep understanding of economics and economic condition of the various countries, including India.
Now when my basic question is should any Indian just carried away by his decision of not to vote for Mr. Modi?
Is it required for media to air his view with much fanfare and hype?
He has done lot of “literary “work on various issues of Indian economic condition.
I have advisedly chosen the word literary, because he has never done anything really meaningful and substantial to Indian society other than, oratory.
He has never stayed in India for a considerable length of time other than spending his winter vacations in Shanti-Niketan.
He has shared the same over chattered word SECULARISM.
By what standard Mr. Modi is not secular? I should not go to one’s personal life but I am going and apologies for that. But, does just divorcing an Indian wife and re marrying with an English blonde, earn him a secularism preacher status?
When in Jul 27, 2006, he says “Christian schools "are perfectly acceptable" ……..is he sounding secular?
When you are criticizing something it should be relative. What is that has he benchmarked, while he has ridiculed the development model of Gujarat.
Which states has witnessed a tremendous growth by his standard? After all a PM candidate will hail from any sated of union India.
When he criticizes about Gujarat model of development, it reminds me the story of the painter who put his paintings to find out the mistake, in public. And when he saw it in next morning he got depressed, as the painting was full of correction marks for his mistake. But when the same painter put the same painting in public and requested them to correct, if anyone found any mistake in it. To his surprise, even days passed but there was not a single correction done.
I have lived in almost all state of India, except North East States. I have ventured even to the remote villages of Gujarat and the kind of development and progress I have seen, it is amazing.
Unlike Mr. Sen, I am not an economist, so I can’t talk about models of economy. But when I see a smile on the face of people, when I see people have access to the things which are well beyond the basic amenities, I feel they are on way of their development
My entreaty to all Indian that views of Mr. Sen about Mr. Modi are his personal and it should be treated in that way.
We should not superfluously get carried away by his opinion just because he is a Nobel laureate
No comments:
Post a Comment